7/30/2012

Keeping it real

I was recently offered some opportunities to make money with this little space on the web. It wasn't anything that would let me quit my job anytime soon, but it was enticing. After some thought, I've decided it wasn't the route I wanted to take right now. I want to keep this little blog as a space where I can share ideas that I think are useful. I don't want to feel like I have to write every day or every week. There are some absolutely incredible bloggers out there. They keep pulling ideas out of their endless bags of tricks, like Mary Poppins! It's truly inspiring. And I LOVE reading their ideas. I've taken a little break from the blog this summer to really focus on life at home with my baby boy (who just had the cutest 1st year puppy dog themed birthday ever!) but I'm back now. And, in case you were wondering, I write this blog for fun. I don't really have an agenda, but I love to collaborate and hear from everyone. I really wish there was a little more discussion but I guess a blog isn't the most discussion friendly format. So please, please continue to read the blog. Share ideas. Inspire each other. That's really why I wanted to start this. Just know that there may be some days when I just don't feel like writing. I like it better that way. It's my guarantee that when I do write it'll most likely be something I think is fairly useful or thought provoking.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know how you feel. Not that I've ever been offered money for my blog though! :) But I like to use it to document thoughts and ideas and as a means to communicate with other SLPs, especially now that I'm home most of the time instead of in the work force. I think it's a great way to stay thinking about concepts and ideas and share what I learn as I go. Thanks for keepin' it real! :)

Michelle said...

Also I nominated you for two little blogging awards. It's mostly a fun way of connecting with other bloggers but here's the link if you're interested: http://speakingofkids.blogspot.com/2012/08/blog-awards-are-going-round.html