What is an in-class speech program?
- An opportunity for the student to practice their speech daily in school. Almost every school program has some flexible, independent working time for the students. My students practice for 5 or 10 minutes during this time. Some of them work on their speech independently and some have gotten their friends involved. Some have even organized daily speech buddies.
- more opporuntities for the students to review the concepts gone over that week
- practice in different contexts with different people
- gets peers and teachers involved
- work stays at the school (less chance of getting lost in transit)
|this is a cute R song that a student and her speech buddy wrote|
|a collection of speech works. I usually make them with the kids during our speech sessions and then send it with them in plastic baggies or envelopes.|
|this is an awesome rhyming R game|
|My students keep track of their in-class speech work with a chart like this|
|here is one that we've been working on for a while|