3/07/2016

New City. New Job. New Insights.

Hello long lost blog. You have been sorely neglected these past few years. It's been 6 months since I went back to work. After 2 years of full time mommyhood, I decided I had to dip my foot back in. I only work 10 hours per week so I still consider myself full-time mom with a little bit of SLP spice on the side.

I'm so happy to be back in the speech language pathology world, but I tell you what, it was a rude awakening. Once again I'm reminded of the incredible juggling act all speech language pathologists engage in. So just FYI you are all the coolest. Seriously, SLPs are an incredible breed. In my new job I don't get to work with other SLPs which is kind of a bummer. But I'm learning to love the opportunities in my new position to collaborate with other professionals in their fields, and there is just nothing, NOTHING as cool as watching a child gain confidence in communication. It is amazing.

My new position has me researching aspects of our field such as autism, early language development and augmentative alternative communication in much more depth than my past experiences. I am excited to write down a few things I have learned this year. However, I have to admit, the more I learn the more I realize that I have so much to learn. When I was freshly out of my graduate program I was so excited and I thought I had all the answers. Now, my eyes are more fully open to the fact that I will always have so much more to learn. I have my education and experience to thank for a good base knowledge, but there is just so much to learn. It's something I really love about our profession.

I will attempt to keep track of some of the lessons I am learning professionally on this little webspace. But I will not claim to know it all.

I will also make a promise to not push you to buy my latest super pricey product. I'm seeing a lot of that out there lately and it's totally killed my interest in blogging all together. If I make something cool I will try to share it. I try to keep all pricing below a $1. But that is not the purpose of this blog. I think there is something really amazing about writing down lessons learned in our profession. That's what this blog is for. So here we go friends, let's learn together. 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Excited to see you back to blogging and hear what you are learning! :)

anneke sergio said...

HOW DR IMOLOA HERBAL MEDICINE HELPED ME GET RID OF MY 3 YEARS HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS. Hello everyone my name is DONALD am from the united states i have been suffering from (HERPES) disease since 2016 and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr Imoloa and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr imoloa telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is, if you have such sickness or any other at all like hepatitis A,B,C,CANCER,HPV,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES 1 AND 2,SMALL PENIS PROBLEM ,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SYPHILIS, WEAK ERECTION,BREAST ENLARGEMENT AND many more ....... you can email him on drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com) or whatsapp him on +2347081986098. Sir, i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be grateful for the good work.